Animation Ireland the trade association for the leading Irish animation studios working together to promote Ireland’s world class sector internationally is now recruiting for the position of Chief Executive. This is a part-time position.
Reporting to the Animation Ireland Board, the Chief Executive has overall responsibility for the leadership of the organisation and the delivery of its strategic plan. The development and growth of the animation industry in Ireland is a core responsibility and the appointee will bring energy, passion and expertise to this objective. Leveraging the expertise that exists within the team and across the industry, the Chief Executive will be an inspirational leader, who will bring strong strategic, advocacy and operational capabilities to the organization. Possessing well-honed commercial and stakeholder management skills, coupled with a proven track record of leadership and management, the appointee will be an exceptional communicator, who will champion the ambitions of the industry at a time of ongoing change and tremendous opportunity.
Animation Ireland is the voice of the Animation sector whose core objective is to establish Ireland as a creative centre for Content & Technology by focussing on growth, developing an innovation culture and creating competitive advantage for members.
The association is committed to raising the profile of Irish animation studios internationally and promoting Ireland as the best destination in the world to get animated content produced. With millions of children watching animated programmes produced here, Ireland is a recognised leader for TV, Film, Games and Visual Effects.
The Irish animation industry has experienced substantial growth since 2010 and has emerged as a central component of Ireland’s digital and creative economy. Award winning Irish studios employ more than 1,700 full time staff.
If you wish to be part of a dynamic and successful organisation that supports an incredibly vibrant, successful and ambitious industry and want to make a commitment to diversity and equality within this industry, please email a detailed Curriculum Vitae, with a two page position paper, indicating how you would meet the requirements of the position to: email@example.com
Experience in the industry is desirable, but not a requirement.
Applications should quote reference ‘AnimationCEO’.
Deadline for applications: Monday 25th November, 5pm.
- Provide inspired leadership within the animation and wider audiovisual industry.
- Formulation and implementation of a strategic plan, as supported and directed by the board
- Work with the executive board/committee to determine values and mission, and plan for short and long term goals.
- Represent the organisation in negotiating for the continued development of the industry, to influence the actions, policies, or decisions of officials, legislators or funding bodies
- Regular engagement and communication with Revenue, Government Departments (Dept. Arts, Culture and Heritage; Dept. Finance; Dept. Business enterprise and Innovation; IBEC, Screen Ireland, AI 481 committee, Individual members and Policy makers.
- Promoting the industry by fostering international relationships, attending markets and industry events.
- Report to the board on progress of action plan and present proposals on next steps to continuously develop the organisation and the animation industry
- Acts as the primary spokesperson for the organisation, communicating publicly as the representative voice of its members, on matters required to drive success
- Oversee day-to-day operation of the company.
- Develop and implement operational policies to support strategic intent
- Develop the organisation’s culture that promotes great performance and positive morale.
- Ensure adequate resources are employed by the organisation
- Oversee the company’s fiscal activity, including budgeting, reporting, and auditing.
- Work closely with senior stakeholders, industry executives, Board and committee members, AI Advisory Board and AI Operations manager & administrative support.
- Continue to work with training and education agencies Animation Skillnet and Screen Skills Ireland.
- Assure all legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations.
- Identify and address risks and opportunities for the organisation.
- Previous experience in a senior executive position, with proven leadership and influencing skills.
- Experience of the Animation/ audiovisual industry preferable not not essential
- Financial literacy skills, with a strong commercial aptitude
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among executives, policy makers, key internal stakeholders and industry partners and financiers.
- Strong understanding of corporate governance and compliance requirements
- Proven negotiation skills
- Policy influence experience a preference
- Ability to understand new issues quickly and make wise decisions.
- Ability to work under pressure, plan personal workload effectively and delegate.
- Bachelor’s degree or master degree in a relevant discipline or MBA or equivalent.
Animation Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.
For more information about Animation Ireland, visit our website HERE