The next Creative Europe MEDIA call that supports producers is for Support to TV Programming. The deadline is 11am Irish time, Monday 28 May.
- Fiction or animation projects can apply for up to 12.5% of the production budget (capped at €500,000)
- Creative documentaries can apply for up to 20% (capped at €300,000)
- Co-produced TV drama series (minimum duration 6 x 45 minutes) with a minimum production budget of €10 million can apply for a maximum grant of €1 million – For first and second seasons only.
This scheme is aimed at independent European production companies who wish to receive support to produce fiction, creative documentaries or animated films involving no less than three broadcasting companies in different member states of the European Union. The TV Programming scheme aims to help European independent production companies produce television programmes with the potential to circulate within the European Union and beyond. Please note that the definition of Broadcaster has been expanded to include VoD and SVoD providers.
Applicant companies are required to:
- Be established in one of the countries participating in the MEDIA sub-programme and be majority owned by nationals from those countries
- Be independent – no more than 25% of the share capital can be held by a single broadcaster (50% when several broadcasters are involved
- Have audiovisual production as their main business activity
- Own the majority of the rights to the project.
Find out more on the Creative Europe MEDIA website: www.creativeeuropeireland.eu/…/produ…/television-programming.
Contact Orla Clancy in the Dublin MEDIA office at 01 679 1856 if you need advice on your eligibility or application.