At Lighthouse Studios, our six core values, pride, passion, persistence, playfulness, poise and people-focus, underpin everything we do and provide guidance for us as we grow and learn.
We are now on the hunt for mid-senior level layout artists who will join us in our quest to create the best possible animated content for our partners. The artists will be needed from January 2023.
About the role
The role of the layout artist is to create layouts in Photoshop for the production, according to a weekly quota as agreed with the layout supervisor. The role may also include some mentoring of junior artists.
We really value can-do attitudes here at Lighthouse. If you’re someone who thinks outside the box and looks for solutions, not problems, then you’ll fit right in!
What you’ll be doing
- Checking hook ups, size relations, staging, reuses etc., based on the storyboard and scene illustrations/reference provided.
- Refining the design of the shots based on references provided.
- Suggesting ways to simplify shots or make the shots easier for other departments.
- Suggesting possible background reuses that must be indicated (full/partial reuse).
- Separating, organising, and assigning all elements to a department:
(BG/ 2D anim/ 2D EFX/ compositing FX/ 3D anim/ library crowd characters)
- Indicating light direction (and wind direction if needed).
- Indicating shadows and tones.
- Checking timing for camera moves.
- Meeting all deadlines as established by production management.
This list is not exhaustive and at any time the employee may be required to carry out additional tasks that may reasonably be expected of someone in their position.
What we’re looking for
- 2+ years of experience as a Layout Artist.
- Strong understanding of traditional 2D principles.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- Attention to detail and ability to find solutions.
- Experience with Shotgrid is considered a plus.
What we’ll offer you
When you join Lighthouse Studios, you will be joining a diverse and multicultural crew in the beautiful neo-Gothic building of Kieran’s College, based in the heart of medieval Kilkenny. And when we say multicultural, we mean it – our crew is currently represented by over 25 different nationalities.
The studio is a hub of talent and is constantly buzzing with creativity. Working here will not only give you the opportunity to work on productions for content giants such as Amazon, Netflix and Warner Bros., but also to learn from some of the most talented individuals in the industry, your fellow crew members.
In addition to learning from your colleagues, you also have the opportunity to partake in our in-house learning and development programme, so you can be sure that your time at Lighthouse will be beneficial for you – not only now but for years to come. Of course, we also have many other benefits such as a pension plan, employee assistance programme, health benefits, regular crew parties and much more!
If that sounds like the kind of place you’d like to work then what are you waiting for? Apply now!
Lighthouse Studios Limited is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, fulfilling and progressive work environment. We encourage applications from candidates with different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives as it strengthens us, as individuals and as a studio. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable legislation. We are committed to positively supporting candidates – If we can make any reasonable accommodations for you in the recruitment process in order to give you the opportunity to perform to your best, please let us know. Any information that you provide will be used only for the purposes of providing relevant support and will have no bearing on how your application will be viewed. If you require an accommodation to participate in the hiring process, please email HR@lighthousestudios.ie and we will be happy to accommodate you as best we can.
To apply for this job please visit lighthouse.bamboohr.com.