Website Boulder Media
About the role
Skills & Other Requirements
- Report to the Keys Technical Lead daily for assignment direction and notes.
- Become familiar with the overall story and episodes by reading or watching the provided animatics.
- Review all available materials from other creative departments to gain familiarity and context for your project.
- Ensure you have all the required information available before starting your work.
- Communicate any concerns you have to production and your supervisor promptly.
- Check in with the production manager and supervisor regularly to report progress on your assignment.
- Provide, in conjunction with the pipeline, proper asset naming to be tracked in the coresheet.
- Prepare client-provided artwork to a standard compliant with Boulder Media’s internal pipelines.
- Complete or adjust the provided artwork to the required specifications. This can include but is not limited to merging elements with existing keys, changing colour palettes/time of day.
- Use approved templates when creating initial designs.
- Maintain quality and continuity of designs throughout projects;
- Produce assigned set weekly output.
- Ensure that all Background Keys produced are of a consistently high standard.
- Update tracking documents and stock/reuse libraries for the background key locations created alongside the production team.
- Ensure work files and folders are organized efficiently and backed up.
- Ensure that all naming conventions are followed and that all Background Keys are set up correctly and in line with the established production system and requirements.
- Ensure when Background Keys are completed, the scenes are exported in the correct format and in the correct location for review.
- Ensure that all retakes called are followed and completed by the deadline given.
- Any other duties company management may, from time to time, deem necessary. You may be required occasionally to work late to hit your deadlines.
What would Boulder look for?
- 2+ years of experience as a background designer in episodic series television.
- Excellent proficiency in Adobe Photoshop.
- Must have excellent drawing skills with a deep sense of colour, design, perspective, staging, camera placement and composition.
- Strong and clear communication skills.
- Must be able to work within a fast-paced series production schedule.
- Excellent organizational and management skills.
- Must be able to adapt to changes easily within a highly dynamic environment.
- Strong attention to detail is critical.
- Ability to quickly adapt to different drawing styles.
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written.
- The successful candidate must be based in Ireland and have a right to work full-time in the Republic of Ireland.
What do Boulder offer?
- Competitive salary, depending on skills and experience;
- 21 days holidays per annum (pro rata);
- An extra day off for Good Friday each year;
- Time off for Christmas;
- Paid sick leave;
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity package;
- Death-In-Service Benefit;
- Employee Assistance Programme;
- Vision/Eye Care;
- Temporary Remote Work Abroad;
- Various in-house social events such as Cake & Fruit Day, Screening nights, Games nights, to name a few.
Boulder Media is an equal opportunity employer committed to supporting diversity and inclusion within our work environment. All suitably qualified and eligible applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of gender, civil status, family status, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, race, or membership of the Travelling Community.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
To apply for this job please visit 63cfe2b674b466401a5d1aa2.kenjo.io.