Paper Panther is an award-winning animation studio based in Dublin. Headed by founder and director Carol Freeman, we are a close-knit team of creatives who specialise in hand-crafted, stop-motion techniques. Known for our eclectic use of materials like felt puppets, paper cut-out and hand-painted animation; each project is a new opportunity to create something unique.
Our short film and commercial work has screened at prestigious festivals around the world, like Clermont-Ferrand International Film Festival, Anima Mundi, and Santa Barbara International Film Festival and has won over 50 international awards. Paper Panther was also awarded Best NewComer at the 2019 Irish Animation Awards.
We work with a broad range of clients and brands in film, advertising, television and online content.
Represented for commercial work in The USA by Noble600 and Whirligig in Ireland.
- Silver Screen Award, Cannes Young Director Awards 2018
- Prix de P’tits Loups, Montréal Festival du Nouveau Cinéma 2018
- Best Animation for Kids, Animation Block Party 2019
- Best Commercial, Los Angeles Animation Festival 2019
- Atalaya Award for Best Animation Short Film, Fancine Fantastic Film Festival of Malaga 2019
- Best Animation for Children, Anima Brussels 2020
- IFTA Nominee, Best Animated Short 2020