Triggerfish is an award-winning Television and Feature film animation studio with branches in Ireland, UK and Cape Town, employing a global workforce of highly talented animation professionals. Since 1996, we’ve developed a reputation for producing premium animated content for major studios, broadcasters and streamers–on time and on budget. Our work has won numerous awards including an Oscar nomination.
As Head of Studio your mission is to lead a world class studio team working on high quality productions for both our in-house and external service clients, managing the delicate balance of rigorous production discipline with care and respect for our passionate crew.
The studio is restructuring to cater for a period of high growth, and this is a unique opportunity to lead and build the studio business in a pivotal role.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated experience of working in an established animation studio at a senior strategic level for at least 6 years (preferably CG studio but not essential).
- 10+ years of experience in the animation industry in various roles.
- Experienced and talented leader who has a proven track record in hiring, building and managing successful teams.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a strong business acumen and comfortable working in a fast-paced scaling environment.
- Highly numerate and able to analyse statistical information and set and interpret financial data.
- Experience dealing with high level clients at major studios, streamers and broadcasters.
- In-depth understanding of production processes and workflows for animated TV and Feature production.
- Proven track record in bidding, scheduling and budgeting for animated TV series and Films.
- Commercial awareness of market and industry trends.
- Team management of at least 6+ direct reports and 150+ employees across several different locations and countries.
Key responsibilities and behaviours:
- Provide leadership, financial and strategic direction to ensure the growth of the studio.
- Ability to establish and communicate policies and procedures.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Calm and professional disposition.
- Self motivated and enthusiastic.
- Ability to make decisions.
- Ability to successfully lead a team under pressure to meet targets and deadlines.
- Ability to respond effectively to changing priorities in a dynamic environment.
- The company offers remote or hybrid working based in Europe or Africa, but the candidate must be willing to travel to multiple global studio sites as required during the course of the role.
- Attractive compensation package with competitive salary and incentive bonus
- We offer generous leave and pension dependent on base location.
- We pride ourselves on a culture of extending trust and respect, where diversity and inclusivity is embraced, responsibility is owned and hard-won experience is shared for the benefit of the whole.
- We’re committed to create excellent, inspirational content, while developing and empowering our creators and technicians, treating people respectfully, and consistently breaking new ground.
Please apply via our website www.triggerfish.com. Click on the Jobs tab, then on the orange button “Current Jobs” on the next screen and upload your CV there.
To apply for this job please visit www.triggerfish.com.