Website https://twitter.com/Lighthouse_STU Lighthouse Studios
At Lighthouse Studios, our six core values, pride, passion, persistence, playfulness, poise and people-focus, underpin everything we do and provide guidance for us as we grow and learn.
We are now on the hunt for experienced Comp Supervisor who will join us in our quest to create the best possible animated content for our partners. The start date for this role is mid April 2023.
This role is based in our studio in Kilkenny, Ireland, with a strong preference for in-house employees. However, there is a possibility for initial freelance work, when it is followed later by a relocation to Kilkenny.
About the role
As a compositing supervisor, your role is to supervise, guide and manage the composition department
We really value can-do attitudes here at Lighthouse. If you’re someone who thinks outside the box and looks for solutions, not problems, then you’ll fit right in!
What you’ll be doing
- Supervisor about working with Ass. Director, tech director and department heads to find the best solutions for each scene
- Supervise and guide the composite team creatively and technically.
- Keep the composite department on an achievable and consistent delivery schedule.
- Review all animatic and breakdown notes for comp in Shotgun, supplying artistic solutions to problems.
- Responsible for the comp render guidelines and technical breakdown of shots/scenes.
- When required, assist the comp department artists with the following tasks.
The above is not exhaustive and from time to time you may be asked to carry out other tasks.
What we’re looking for
- At least 2+ years of experience as a Compositing Supervisor;
- Expert knowledge in Toon boom Harmony is essential;
- Be driven and able to work effectively on an independent basis;
- Fluent in English;
- Ability to communicate well in a fast-paced and creative environment;
- Must possess excellent time management skills with the utmost respect for deadlines;
- Be available on messaging systems and by emails during working hours;
- Must be willing to relocate to Kilkenny.
What we’ll offer you
When you join Lighthouse Studios, you will be joining a diverse and multicultural crew in the beautiful neo-Gothic building of Kieran’s College, based in the heart of medieval Kilkenny. And when we say multicultural, we mean it – our crew is currently represented by over 25 different nationalities.
The studio is a hub of talent and is constantly buzzing with creativity. Working here will not only give you the opportunity to work on productions for content giants such as Amazon, Apple TV+, Netflix and Warner Bros., but also to learn from some of the most talented individuals in the industry, your fellow crew members.
In addition to learning from your colleagues, you also have the opportunity to partake in our in-house learning and development programme, so you can be sure that your time at Lighthouse will be beneficial for you – not only now but for years to come. Of course, we also have many other benefits such as a pension plan, employee assistance programme, health benefits, regular crew parties and much more!
If that sounds like the kind of place you’d like to work then what are you waiting for? Apply now!
Lighthouse Studios Limited is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, fulfilling and progressive work environment. We encourage applications from candidates with different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives as it strengthens us, as individuals and as a studio. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable legislation. We are committed to positively supporting candidates – If we can make any reasonable accommodations for you in the recruitment process in order to give you the opportunity to perform to your best, please let us know. Any information that you provide will be used only for the purposes of providing relevant support and will have no bearing on how your application will be viewed. If you require an accommodation to participate in the hiring process, please email HR@lighthousestudios.ie and we will be happy to accommodate you as best we can.
To apply for this job please visit lighthouse.bamboohr.com.