Daily Madness are delighted to be moving into pre-production on our 2D animated kids’ series, Goat Girl, in Spring 2022. We are looking for a Junior Art Director to join our crew.
Working under the direction of our Supervising Art Director, the Junior Art Director will oversee and work directly with our design team to ensure quality and consistency of style throughout the pre-production process for the series: from episodic concept art for the storyboard artists, to final design asset builds for the animation department.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Oversee a team of designers to ensure all deadlines are met as per schedule and to the visual standard required.
- Create episodic concept art in line with the Supervising Art Director’s instructions.
- Check breakdown lists against locked script to ensure all assets have been captured and labelled correctly.
- Delegate workload to design team, reviewing daily/weekly assets as needed and ensuring all client/management feedback has been addressed.
- Ensure all design team trackers are kept up to date and accurate and team files are being named/stored correctly at each stage of production on our systems.
- Check the Scene Prep files (Toonboom Harmony) and confirm all assets are final and approved to animation stage.
- Provide clear and consistent communication with the Supervising Art Director, Production Manager and Design Coordinator on a daily basis.
The Ideal Candidate will demonstrate:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in 2D TV Animation production.
- Must have experience as a team lead in a design department.
- Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop is essential and working knowledge of ToonBoom Harmony would be considered a plus.
- A portfolio with a mixture of concept and production design assets, with examples of backgrounds, characters and props.
- Strong leadership and excellent communication skills. You will be able to articulate clearly the daily and weekly requirements needed from your team (in line with the creative vision and schedule expectation of the series) and provide well structured notes and feedback to crew members.
- High levels of organisation, with impeccable attention to detail in both assessing visual work and tracking multiple tasks at various stages.
Our ideal candidate must be based in or willing to relocate to the Rep. of Ireland by start of contract. Although we are still work from home due to COVID, this will be an in-house role when we are able to return to our Dublin office.
This role will start in April 2022 and last until May of 2023.
Our rate of pay for this position is €800 per week, paid monthly in arrears via payroll.
If you are interested please send your CV, cover letter, 2x references and an up-to-date portfolio/showreel to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications is Friday 4th February.
Please note, we may ask short-listed candidates to participate in a test before we make any final decisions. Tests will be paid if requested.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.