Award-winning Animation Studio. Producers of Doc McStuffins, Daniel Tiger’s Neighbourhood, Peg+Cat, Peter Rabbit, Bing, Vampirina & many more!
Brown Bag Films, Dublin Studio is currently looking for our next Character Department Technical Director!
Who are we?
– One of the top-performing animation studios operating worldwide
– Creators of well-loved cartoons for kids and grownups in a fast-paced & energised environment
– Award-winning dog lovers, artists, charity activists, amateur boxers (!), tech gurus, and extraordinary teammates
– Pencil wielding, spreadsheet loving, people-focused do-ers who are passionate about their work
– Driven, engaged, proactive, collaborative & conscious of our individual impact as part of the whole
Our culture also shines through in our in-studio and web events. From go-karting to charity boxing matches, to haunted house tours, charity cycles across the country, enjoying JustEat vouchers – from sushi to pizza, competing with our fellow colleagues in growing our own sunflower to walking the Great Wall of China – loving animation means loving our crew!
About the role:
As a Character Department TD, you will develop and maintain tools that ensure the current and future capabilities of the designated department. Your day will include crafting bespoke rigs that add to the rig builder library, rigging, modeling tools to support the work of the character department, and producing documentation describing the functionality and workflow for tools.
|Responsibilities will include:
– Developing tools for use by the riggers and character modelers that facilitate workflow
|Knowledge, skills, and experience:
– Good knowledge of the pipeline of CG and a strong sense of anatomy as practical for rigging
Please submit your latest portfolio/reel and highlight all equivalent experience in your Cover letter.
This is a full-time, fixed-term, HYBRID work model role in our Dublin studio, consisting of a combination of in-studio and work-from-home days.
Brown bag Films/9 Story Media takes diversity and inclusion seriously, and we are committed to ensuring equity in the recruitment process. Candidates from a diverse group of backgrounds, including but not limited to, Indigenous peoples, Racialized and LGBT2SQ+ communities, candidates from a range of ages and religious beliefs, and people with disabilities, are encouraged to apply.
As a company, we deliver high-quality kids’ content, and we seek to have diverse characters so that all our audience feels represented. We also want the same for our own workforce, and Brown bag Films/9 Story Media is committed to looking for all kinds of talent to build a diverse workforce in which all identities are represented and respected.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and interview process to be successful in performing essential job functions. We’d love to know how we can support your requirements for accommodation.
To apply for this job please visit brownbagfilms-hr.secure.force.com.