|Brown Bag Films is currently seeking a 3D Animator to work across some of our exciting projects for our Dublin Studio!
Offering a competitive salary and benefits package including health and life assurance, this is a fixed term (approx 6 months), full-time contract in a hybrid work situation; a mixture of working remotely from home and in studio. In light of this, the successful candidate must be available to be onsite in our Smithfield-based studio as required and must have an existing right to work in the Republic of Ireland. Due to the timeframe of this requirement, we are unfortunately unable to consider/support Visa/Work Permit candidates.
Why Brown Bag Films?
At Brown Bag Films, our motto is simple: “We love animation.” In fact, we love it so much we trademarked it! ‘We Love Animation™.’
That means we put our Animators at the heart of everything we do! We are looking for applicants who share our love of Animation and will bring with them a passion for creating high quality animated content.
We are one of the top-performing animation studios operating worldwide, creating well-loved cartoons for both kids and grownups in a fast-paced & energised environment.
Join us if you would like to;
– Work in a highly creative environment with artists who have created and been part of major children’s animation series and features.
About the role:
This role offers an outstanding opportunity to be part of an exciting, creative, dynamic, and multi-cultural company. Our 3D Animators work closely with the animation & pre-production teams to build a high standard of animation for broadcast; attending animation launches to provide input and flag possible issues; consistently follow boards & launch notes and suggest ideas to better a scene & completing shots creating reusable animation assets, in line with the style of the show.
Other responsibilities include;
|– Collaborating with the Animation team to create the highest quality animation within the constraints of the project budget and schedule.
– Delivering assigned scenes on schedule that are consistent in quality and style.
– Handling 1-2 passes of revisions as required while completing assigned quota.
– Working with the animation team to ensure that scenes fit into the episode as a whole and in line with the Director’s vision.
– Working with Rigging and/or modelling team in development of 3D character rigs for production.
– Working closely with the rigging team to troubleshoot and problem solve potential rig issues.
– Creating libraries of reusable animation assets for use in production e.g. walk cycles, run cycles & using/manipulating available assets when needed while staying on model.
– Creating banks of expressions and phonemes for characters in productions.
– Production of Animation Cycles & Retakes; Rig Tests.
|– Proficient in the use of Autodesk Maya.
– Strong knowledge of animation principles and able to apply them.
– Solid understanding of body mechanics – weight and balance, lip sync/facial posing – and character timing.
– Good understanding of facial posing required to achieve appealing expressions and mouth shapes.
– Ability to utilize space and posing choices effectively.
– 3D Animation experience (Animation Qualification desirable).
– Track record of working effectively with all levels of production crew, artistic staff and management.
– Collaborative with a positive attitude, can take direction and critiques in a professional manner.
– Detail oriented with the ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines.
– Strong verbal and written communication skills.
– Ability to seek, resolve and predict any potential issues with assigned tasks.
About the application process:
Please submit a full CV outlining all equivalent experience and why you wish to work with Brown Bag Films in your Cover letter, along with your latest showreel (unlocked or with password).
Shortlisted candidates will be required take part in a testing stage (consisting of both acting and walk cycles) for us to learn more about your skillset.
Tips for showreels:
Submitted showreels should contain;
– Relevant content
Brown Bag Films takes diversity and inclusion seriously and we are committed to ensuring equity in the recruitment process. Candidates from diverse backgrounds, including but not limited to, Indigenous peoples, Racialized and LGBT2SQ+ communities, candidates from a range of ages and religious beliefs and people with disabilities, are encouraged to apply.
As a company, we deliver high-quality kids’ content, and we seek to have diverse characters so that all our audience feels represented. We also want the same for our own workforce, and 9 Story Media is committed to looking for all kinds of talent to build a diverse workforce in which all identities are represented and respected.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and interview process to be successful in performing essential job functions. We’d love to know how we can support your requirements for accommodation.
To apply for this job please visit brownbagfilms-hr.secure.force.com.