Website Lighthouse Studios
Role: Animation Director
Lighthouse Studios are currently seeking an experienced Animation Director to build, develop, and lead an animation crew on current and future projects.
This is a senior and multi-faceted position that requires exceptional artistic and leadership skills. Animation Directors must lead by example and be able to creatively supervise a production from design to post while mentoring younger artists and motivating their team to achieve exceptional results. The Animation Director must be flexible, able to multi-task, and add creative value in all areas including conceptual development, script, design, story, animation, compositing and effects
If you’re an exceptional artist with a diverse skill set and don’t know the meaning of the word compromise, you should be working in an environment that sets the standard for television animation.
Based at our studio in Kilkenny, Ireland. Duration: Full Time 1 year contract. Salary: DOE.
- Responsible for the supervision of a team of animators.
- Accountable for overall performance and set targets for the team.
- Liasing with the Production Manager, Directors and other production staff about performance and targets of team.
- Evaluate teams, identifying strengths, problem areas and develop plans for improving performance.
Supervise and continually liaise with all production personnel internally and externally.
5+ years of experience in a similar position.
- Previous supervision experience a strong asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Must be flexible as well as practical in approach to methodology.
- Must have a strong work ethic and a willingness to deal with the production at any level of detail.
- Must have a strong sense of animation timing and comedy.
- Must have a strong attention to detail.
- Must have the ability to work efficiently and under pressure.
- Must be highly creative, with the ability to work within tight deadlines.
Strong experience in 2D animation.
Knowledge of ToonBoom Harmony is an asset.*
All candidates must be uncompromising and motivated in their need to create beautiful, memorable animation.
This list is not exhaustive and at any time you are obliged to carry out any reasonable task that is requested of you.
*Training will be provided to those who pass our proficiency test. ToonBoom Harmony training will also be provided to selected candidates.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote this job code (AnimDir-0217