Website Daily Madness
We craft and create amazing animations with strong storytelling and captivating characters.
Access to the industry can be challenging at the best of times. For many people, it’s not an easy path and not everyone feels supported to pursue creative careers in their teens or twenties. For this reason, Daily Madness recognises that there is a huge pool of untapped talent out there who just need the right opportunity to cross their paths…
Daily Madness is a 2D animation studio that champions under-represented voices in the animation industry, with a particular focus on promoting women on screen and behind the scenes. When we founded the company, we purposefully designed new hiring protocols that will help to move the needle on issues that are important to us and level out the playing field in animation for everyone.
Following on from our successful 1st Credit Initiative, Daily Madness is now proud to launch our next hiring scheme – the 2nd Act Internship.
The 2nd Act Internship has been designed specifically for people aged 35+ to provide an entry point to the animation industry. It is open to people who may have been encouraged away from creative roles at the start of their careers or had never considered creative careers to be a viable option at the time. It is also very suitable for parents or carers who have spent a significant time away from the workplace and are looking to return to a space suitable for them.
It’s never too late to follow your dreams.
We are looking for a Script Coordinator to join our crew for our upcoming comedy series, GOAT GIRL. This position is open to 2nd Act Internship candidates only.
A script coordinator is an essential part of the team. They are responsible for assisting the Head Writer, Show Runner and Production Team during the script writing process, providing day to day tracking of any production needs to do with the script, whilst ensuring all parties involved are working to the overall production schedule.
The preferred candidate will be available to work from our Dublin office, but we consider remote options as long as you are living in the Rep of Ireland for the duration of the contract.
- Organising and maintaining scripting files in online database.
- Updating and maintaining script tracking documents, ensuring accurate information is being provided in real time on our network.
- Collating and organising all creative notes on scripting elements.
- Proofreading text and formatting of all scripting drafts before distribution.
- Script distribution to all stakeholders (per Head Writer/Show Runner instructions).
- Communicating with freelance writers as instructed by Head Writer or Show Runner.
- Assisting in the preparation of materials for voice records as needed.
- Maintaining an up-to-date writers’ pack. Communicating the changes to the team as needed.
- Writing loglines, episode summaries, etc. as needed, under instruction of Head Writer.
- Schedule and organise any scripting meetings, both online and in-person.
- Take notes during all meetings and distribute to attendant parties post-meeting.
- Additional duties as deemed necessary by Show Runner, Head Writer or Producer.
You will receive full on-the-job training for the role required and by the end of your contract you will have first-hand experience working on an original animated TV series for a global network. You will have the opportunity to sit in on Writers Rooms and shadow the entire creative notes process from start to finish. You will be working closely with an incredibly experienced leadership team who have worked on a number of award-winning projects and will provide mentorship throughout your contract.
We provide through training in the software required for the role – specifically Final Draft, GoogleDocs and Google Sheets.
The role of Script Coordinator is a great entry point for a number of different careers in TV such as TV scriptwriter, Production Coordinator, Production Manager, Story Artists and eventually Producers, Directors and even Series Creators.
The Ideal Candidate will demonstrate:
- A strong interest in animation and will be pursuing a future career in this area.
- A creative flair for writing, and we are specifically interested in people who can be clear, friendly and succinct in their writing style.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- High levels of organisation, with an ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Comfortable in working to tight deadlines
- A great sense of humour that is suitable for working on a comedy series for kids.
To apply for this role, please send you CV and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by end of day Sunday 21st November 2021. Your cover letter should demonstrate your passion for the role, and highlight why you would be a good fit as our Script Coordinator.
We will review all applications and invite short-listed candidates to take part in an interview and a short test. The tests should not take more than an hour to complete.
The successful candidate will be notified by Friday 10th December.
The role will start 10th January 2022 and will last until 15th October 2022. The rate of pay will be €600 per week.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com