Website Daily Madness
We craft and create amazing animations with strong storytelling and captivating characters.
We are delighted to continue with our 1st Credit Initiative by opening up a shadow director position in 2022 on our upcoming 2D Animated comedy series, Goat Girl.
Getting that 1st gig can feel like the hardest part… not only getting that first foot in the door into the industry, but once you are in it can be a challenge to make the leap into that first leadership role.
Our 1st Credit Initiative has been designed especially for this reason. We identify during the early production planning stages of our projects, which roles can be earmarked for new talent and for new leaders. It’s a very simple concept, but one that we feel makes a huge difference in this industry… that 1st Credit opens doors for future careers. Since launching the FCI in Nov 2019, Daily Madness has provided opportunities for 25 first broadcast credits via this scheme, and 72% of these to women.
So we are delighted to continue this successful initiative with our next role: A 1st Credit Shadow Director role on our upcoming 2D Animated comedy series, Goat Girl.
To apply for this role, you must NOT have a previous director or directed by credit on an animated TV series or feature. The preferred candidate will be available to work from our Dublin office, but we are also open to consider remote options as long as you are living in the Rep of Ireland for the duration of the contract.
The FCI Director will shadow and assist the Series Director in each stage of the production process from script to screen in order to gain a thorough understanding of the requirements for the role. They will also be provided with the opportunity to direct 1x episode of Goat Girl and gain a solo “Directed by” credit on that episode by the end of their contract.
The Ideal Candidate will demonstrate:
- A passion for animation.
- A minimum of 5+ years working in the animation industry, with 2+ year’s experience managing a large team or department (e.g as a Animation Director, Art Director, Storyboard Supervisor, Production Manager, Line Producer etc)
- Knowledge of the animated TV production pipeline from script to screen, 2D practices in particular.
- Some experience dealing first-hand with co-production partners and post-production houses.
- An excellent grasp of visual storytelling – understanding acting, staging, camerawork and general cinematography. Goat Girl is a comedy series, so understanding how to create and push enhance visual gags is a bonus.
- Strong leadership and excellent communication skills. They will be able to articulate clearly the creative vision and expectation of the series at all stages and provide well structured notes and feedback to crew members.
- High levels of organisation, with an ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks.
To apply for this position, send your up to date CV, Cover Letter, 2x references (from your 2 most recent employers) and a suitable portfolio of work to email@example.com by end of day Monday 28th February 2022. Please note, due to the expected response to this advert, we will not be accepting any questions or applications via social media direct messaging. This role is strictly only open to candidates who will be living in Rep of Ireland for the duration of the contract (Summer 2022 – September 2023).
The role will start Summer 2022 and will last until September 2023. The rate of pay will be €800 per week.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org