Website Turnip and Duck
Turnip & Duck require Storyboard Artists for a 15 x 11′ 2D comedy sketch show.
This role is for experienced artists with a flair for character acting who can board whole sequences/episodes from script through to delivery, liaising closely with our Storyboard Supervisor and Creative Director.
Candidates can work out of our Dublin based-studio but we are more than happy to facilitate remote freelancing if the candidate is right.
We are looking for a number of artists, so weekend work etc. could be facilitated once deadlines are met.
• Read and develop a full understanding of the script
• Study the Storyboard Pack provided to understand the geography of Key Locations, gain a thorough understanding of the characters and “get” the tone of the comedy.
• Discuss the storyboards with the director and following their notes as required.
• Complete first pass of storyboard within clearly defined timeframes, to a professional standard.
• Clean up storyboard taking into account Creative Director’s notes.
• Be willing to participate in our cloud-based team management system and be available for Skype calls/meetings.
• Meet all deadlines as determined by the Creative Director.
Who Are We Looking For?
• Artists with 3- 5 years storyboard experience. This is not an entry-level position.
• Strong understanding of storytelling in storyboard format.
• A particular talent for character posing and acting, location layouts will be provided but must be studied and understood.
• Ability to carry out re-takes on your storyboards.
• Ability to work quickly and intuitively – this is a tight turnaround but you’ll form part of a small, creative team which values artistic input and individual flair. (Also, it’ll also be great craic…)
Please get in touch: email@example.com
Although we endeavour to respond to all applications, due to the number of emails received this is not always possible.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org