For the last sixteen years Boulder Media has been producing award winning shows. It currently employs over 150 people making Boulder one of Ireland’s largest animation studios.
ROLE: SHADING LEAD ARTIST
REPORTING TO: CG SUPERVISOR AND ART DIRECTOR
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE:
The Shading Lead will work closely with the Art Director to develop and establish the final look of animated series projects.
- Take supplied 2D and 3D development material and build/shade in Maya to Directors specifications.
- Look development based on approved art direction style.
- Develop efficient shaders for character, props and set
- Debug and troubleshoot shader technical issues.
- Expert working knowledge of Maya.
- Production experience with a modern raytracing render engine.
- Mel or Python scripting and programming a plus.
- Firm understanding of the 3D animation pipeline.
- 2-5 years CG experience, ideally within feature films.
The ideal candidate will be/have
- A strong Leader
- A team player
- Technically skilled
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Open to direction
To Apply: If you think you fit the description above please forward your CV, cover letter and links to your demo reel/portfolio/website to email@example.com remembering to put “Lead Shading Artist – 3D Feature” in the subject line.
This role is only open to applicants willing to relocate to Ireland if required and all applicants must be eligible to work within EEA.
This company is an equal opportunities employer.