Website Boulder Media
For the last sixteen years Boulder Media has been producing award winning shows. It currently employs over 150 people making Boulder one of Ireland’s largest animation studios.
ROLE: SET/PROP LEAD MODELLER
REPORTING TO: ART DIRECTOR AND CG SUPERVISOR
SUMMARY OF ROLE
The Set/Prop Lead Modeller will need to work very closely with the texture painters, shader writers, look development artists and the riggers to generate models that are suitable for feature film work
- In conjunction with the Supervisor & Art Director, responsible for mentoring, managing, developing, training, and evaluating the performance of the modelling team members.
- Deliver a “clean” model with tidy polygon/sub-d placement and good basic UV layout for texturing
- Keep constant communication with the Animation Supervisor to ensure the models meet animators’ requests.
- Maintain close communication and collaboration with Production through Rigging, Rendering and Lighting departments.
- Knowing when to model detail or have the detail added through the shading, by liaising with the shader writers and look development artists.
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- A full working knowledge of modelling in Maya.
- Polygon and sub-division surface modelling.
- 3-5 years CG experience, ideally within feature films.
- Extensive Experience creating both organic and hard surface models
- Experience with a sculpting application (zBrush/MudBox) a plus.
The ideal candidate will be/have
- A strong leader
- A team player
- Technically skilled
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Open to direction
To Apply: If you think you fit the description above please forward your CV, cover letter and links to your demo reel/portfolio/website to firstname.lastname@example.org remembering to put “Set/Prop Lead Modeller – 3D Feature” in the subject line.
This role is only open to applicants willing to relocate to Ireland if required and all applicants must be eligible to work within EEA.
This company is an equal opportunities employer.