Boulder Media is a multi-award winning Irish animation company based in Dublin.
Senior Systems Administrator- For Feature Film Production
As part of Hasbro Entertainment, Boulder Media is building a new feature animation division. We are excited to offer a talented System Admin the opportunity to join our very successful and established animation studio as we expand into a new area. We will be producing the first CG theatrical feature film made entirely in Ireland. The movie is based on a very well-known Hasbro property and we can’t wait to bring it to the big screen.
As Senior Systems Administrator you will be working with a bunch of other enthusiastic developers, artists and technicians to build a modern feature animation studio!
- Design the studio infrastructure capable of supporting a feature animation workload
- Research, recommend and implement hardware, software and *aaS purchases
- Help expand storage, caching, rendering and VDI to cloud services such as Azure or AWS
- Work with the pipeline team and dev ops to resolve production issues
- Mentor less experienced members of the technology team
- Communicate with the external Hasbro and Boulder IT windows support teams
- Maintaining and optimizing renderfarm and other servers
- Advanced understanding of administration of networked linux (eg CentOS) systems
- Experience with high performance distributed computing and storage, preferably in high end vfx or animation environments
- Deployment, configuration, monitoring and imaging systems
- Experience managing mixed cloud storage and compute environments
- Familiar with the security considerations for motion pictures
- Understanding of colour management
If you think you fit the description above please forward your CV, cover letter and links to your demo reel/portfolio/website to firstname.lastname@example.org remembering to add the job title in the subject line.
This role is only open to applicants willing to relocate to Ireland if required and all applicants must be eligible to work within EEA.
Boulder Media is an equal opportunities employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com