Website Boulder Media
For the last sixteen years Boulder Media has been producing award winning shows. It currently employs over 150 people making Boulder one of Ireland’s largest animation studios.
JOB TITLE: Scripter/Developer
REPORTING TO: Pipeline Manager
The Scripter / Developer will work with the 2D Technical Director to deliver scripts/coding that refine and bring greater efficiencies to the workflow process. This individual will play a key role in establishing and extending the scripting and programming functions within Boulder.
The main purpose of the scripter is to streamline interactions between software platforms and make repetitive processes within our software programs more efficient and less susceptible to human error.
- Specs out art tasks and generates time estimates when needed
- Liaising with the 2D Technical Director and the Pipeline Manager to identify production issues and expand the scope of new and existing scripts
- Dealing with script feedback/support requests as required
- Automate a number of design software functions (Toonboom, Adobe Creative Suite) to speed the completion of various repetitive tasks
- Create interfaces between different software packages i.e Toonboom -> Shotgun
- Degree in Computer science
- 2+ years scripting experience.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong experience with Python, Java Script and C++ would be a distinct advantage
- 3d/2d animation experience would be a bonus
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Experience in animation production or other media related pipelines a distinct advantage
- Knowledge of industry standard tools (Adobe Suite, ToonBoom Harmony, Nuke, Shotgun) desirable.
If you think you fit the description above please forward your CV, cover letter and links to your demo reel/portfolio/website to firstname.lastname@example.org remembering to put “Scripter/Developer” in the subject line.
This role is only open to applicants willing to relocate to Ireland if required and all applicants must be eligible to work within EEA.
This company is an equal opportunities employer.