Website Brown Bag Films
Brown Bag Films are a twice Oscar nominated animation company based in the heart of Dublin, Ireland!
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE:
The position of Previz and Layout Artist requires someone with several years experience in a similar role on broadcast or film projects. The position requires a solid generalist understanding of Maya’s Camera, Modelling & Animation tools.
Key Areas of responsibilities:
- Establish geography, functionality and Layout of location assets by building proxy geometries and feeding these assets to Modelling.
- Previz key animation sequences with an emphasis on camera, staging, timing and functionality of a sequence.
- Work closely with the Directors on sequence layout and location blocking.
- Set up cameras for shots and layout action for Animation.
- Complete episodic camera notes when required.
- 4+ years’ previous experience in the CG Industry in a relevant role.
- Must have an understanding of visual storytelling for layout and composition.
- Must have strong working knowledge of animation principles, camera set-up and proxy modelling in Maya.
- Must have a good sense of pacing and timing in Animation
- Must have strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail and quality.
- Must be able to work alone and collaboratively, often with multiple tasks and under deadline pressure.
- Must be open to direction and able to embrace change.
- excellent communication skills
- attention to detail
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple tasks in a fast paced production environment
Please include a Show reel with your application
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://login.hirelocker.com/brown-bag-films/jobs/8293/previz-and-layout-artist-dublin →