For the last sixteen years Boulder Media has been producing award winning shows. It currently employs over 150 people making Boulder one of Ireland’s largest animation studios.
ROLE: LOOK DEVELOPMENT GENERALIST
REPORTING TO: ART DIRECTOR
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE:
Boulder Media are looking for a Look Development Generalist to work on the characters for an upcoming 3D feature film. The position will involve working on the initial design sculpts of the characters and working out the final look for the characters. It will involve taking the models all the way to lighting and will need experience working with fur and hair as well as modelling, texturing and shading.
This person will need to work very closely with the Art Director to establish the look of the characters for the film. This is a very creative role as well as technically challenging.
- Sculpting the characters using ZBrush or similar software initially.
- Taking sculpts into Maya and progressing them to final design models.
- Developing the textures and shading of the characters to achieve the desired look.
- Working with hair/fur and feather systems as needed for certain characters.
- Work with the other supervisors and the Technical Director to understand the needs of the feature film.
- Insuring that the design models will be suitable to become production ready assets.
- 5+ years’ experience working on in CG TV series or feature films.
- Strong experience working with sculpting software – for example, ZBrush, Mudbox or similar.
- Excellent knowledge of Maya in a production environment.
- Extensive knowledge of Animation pipelines.
- Experience in a creative role with an eye for good character design in 3D.
The ideal candidate will need to be:
- Very creative
- A team player
- Technically skilled in CG production
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Open to direction