Kavaleer Productions are looking for a DESIGNER (CelAction, After Effects) to work on pre-school show in-house at our studio in Dublin. The role is a mix of rigging, scene-prep and design. Ideally candidates will be experienced CelAction users with a good knowledge of rigging characters and props. Experience rigging 2D characters for cut-out and good knowledge of photoshop is essential. This role is only available to candidates that can work in-house at our studio in Dublin. Permanent contract, start date end of February 2019.
CELACTION DESIGNER – 2D
REPORTING TO: ANIMATION DIRECTOR
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE
- The position of Celaction designer requires someone with design and drawing ability and a strong attention to detail.
- The role is a mixture of scene prep, rigging and design.
- Experience with either 2D digital rigging or 2D scene prep is essential.
- A solid working knowledge of Photoshop is essential.
- Knowledge of CelAction is a huge plus.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with animation director on all tasks.
- Must communicate well and be able to take direction.
- Use photoshop and CelAction to create rigs for characters and props ready for animation.
- Use photoshop to design alternate shapes and turnarounds for props and characters in the style of the show.
- Use CelAction to set up scenes ready for animation.
- Able to manage time well and work to tight deadlines.
- Manage design asset library and maintain tracking documents of design progress for use throughout production.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES NEEDED TO PERFORM ROLE EFFECTIVELY
- Ideally – experience using CelAction to create rigs and/or lay out scenes ready for animation.
- Knowledge of rigging in a cut-out based program and understanding of cut out animation.
- Strong familiarity with using Photoshop to create digital art.
- Good draughtsperson with design ability.
- An understanding of visual storytelling for layout and composition.
- Strong attention to detail and continuity.
- Able to take feedback and direction.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work to deadlines, managing time to prioritise effectively.
CONTRACT TYPE: PERMANENT CONTRACT
Please send your CV, showreel and a cover letter to email@example.com
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http:// firstname.lastname@example.org →