Website Giant Animation
Giant are seeking a Lead Lighting Artist for an exciting new production.
The role involves working alongside other Lighting Artists under the direction of a Lighting Supervisor. The role requires a solid understanding of the Lighting, Render and Compositing process, and requires knowledge of multiple software. In addition to this, we are seeking candidates who are highly motivated and passionate about their work.
Please apply to email@example.com – note that you must include the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email, for example: ‘Application – Maya Lead Lighting Artist’.
We will endeavor to respond to all applicants, but due to the high volume of applications we receive a reply might not always be possible.
Application deadline: 26th April 2019
Start Date: ASAP
Specific role-related requirements are noted below:
– Carry out shot-level lighting and compositing tasks to meet pre-established standards
– Maintain accurate consistency between shot lighting and compositing across a given sequence
– Work closely with the Creative Director and Department Supervisor to correctly interpret their creative and technical directions and incorporate them into the Lighting and Compositing process
– Effectively work in parallel with the Compositing Leads on Look Development and to formulate Key Compositions for shot production
– Continually liaise with Production regarding task assignments and schedules, and effectively meet daily quotas set out in advance by Production
– Learn and fully utilize in-house pipeline, workflow and tools
– Contribute to Look Development and Pipeline requirements
– Effectively work as part of a larger team structure
– Provide consistent “dailies” output in good time and review work with the director, supervisor and leads
– Review “dailies” and provide critical feedback and workflow training where necessary
– Have 4+ years of experience as a Lighting Lead (or similar) on a high-quality production
– Proven Lead experience essential
– Significant experience with Maya essential
– Must have strong experience with an industry-standard rendering engine (Redshift/Arnold/Vray)
– Must have experience working with raw aov compositing and full understanding of linear workflow
– Must have strong experience with a node-based compositing packages (Nuke/Fusion)
– Must possess an ability to multitask and problem solve under short deadlines, and operate well in a fast-paced environment
– Must possess an excellent understanding of visual language, an eye for colour and light and exceptional attention to detail
– Must be a good, clear communicator with excellent level of English
– Must be self-motivated, task-driven and open to direction
– Experience with an asset management system (Shotgun a plus)
– Experience with a render manager (Deadline a plus)
– Some level of python and mel knowledge
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org