Website Boulder Media
For the last sixteen years Boulder Media has been producing award winning shows. It currently employs over 150 people making Boulder one of Ireland’s largest animation studios.
ROLE: CONCEPT DESIGNER – 3D FEATURE
REPORTING TO: ART DIRECTOR
Summary of Role
We are recruiting for the role of Concept Designer for our upcoming 3D feature production.
- Work with the Art Director to help establish a consistent visual direction.
- Develop inspiring concept designs for locations, props and effects.
- Stablish Light-Keys for the Lighting team.
- Understand and interpret colour scripts.
- Provide information to storyboards and 3D department.
- Assemble influential research & reference material for the 3D team.
- Work effectively with the Art Director so that they are aware of production concerns and issues dealing with creating concept art.
- Produce work in an efficient and timely manner, on schedule.
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience working as a Concept Designer.
- Extensive knowledge of PHOTOSHOP.
- Strong knowledge of colour, lighting, atmosphere & overall composition.
- Knowledge of 3D modelling is a PLUS.
- An excellent understanding of whole animation production process.
- Exceptional drawing skills.
- A broad range of drawing styles.
- Excellent communication, visual storytelling and written skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills-able to interact with team members of different disciplines.
- Task driven, self-motivated, and proactive.
- Must be open to direction and can visually interpret other people’s ideas
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple tasks in a fast-paced production.
Please note that this role is envisaged to last no longer than 6 months.
To Apply: If you think you fit the description above please forward your CV, cover letter and links to your demo reel/portfolio/website to email@example.com remembering to put “Concept Designer 3D Feature” in the subject line.
This role is only open to applicants willing to relocate to Ireland if required and all applicants must be eligible to work within EEA.
This company is an equal opportunities employer.