Website Boulder Media
For the last sixteen years Boulder Media has been producing award winning shows. It currently employs over 150 people making Boulder one of Ireland’s largest animation studios.
ROLE: CHARACTER LEAD MODELLER
REPORTING TO: ART DIRECTOR AND CG SUPERVISOR
SUMMARY OF ROLE
The modeller will need to work very closely with the texture painters, shader writers, look development artists and the riggers to generate models that are suitable for feature film work.
- Build complex 3D character models for an array of visuals within features.
- Deliver a “clean” model with tidy polygon/sub-d placement and good basic UV layout for texturing
- In conjunction with the Supervisor & Art Director, responsible for mentoring, managing, developing, training, and evaluating the performance of the modelling team members.
- Keep constant communication with the Animation Supervisor to ensure the models meet animators’ requests.
- Maintain close communication and collaboration with Production through Rigging, Rendering and Lighting departments.
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- 3-5 years CG experience, ideally within feature films.
- Polygon and sub-division surface modelling.
- A full working knowledge of modelling in Maya.
- Experience with a sculpting application (zBrush/MudBox) a plus.
- Experience creating cartoon characters capable of expressing a wide range of extreme facial expressions and poses
The ideal candidate will be/have
- A strong leader
- A team player
- Technically skilled
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Open to direction
To Apply: If you think you fit the description above please forward your CV, cover letter and links to your demo reel/portfolio/website to firstname.lastname@example.org remembering to put “Character Lead Modeller – 3D Feature” in the subject line.
This role is only open to applicants willing to relocate to Ireland if required and all applicants must be eligible to work within EEA.
This company is an equal opportunities employer.