Website Boulder Media
For the last sixteen years Boulder Media has been producing award winning shows. It currently employs over 150 people making Boulder one of Ireland’s largest animation studios.
ROLE: CHARACTER FX LEAD
REPORTING TO: CG SUPERVISOR
SUMMARY OF ROLE
The Character FX Lead will be responsible for creating the pipeline for cloth, muscle, hair, fur and feather simulation on Boulder Media’s 3D feature production.
- Creating the pipeline for cloth, muscle, hair, fur and feather simulation. Ability to handle complex Character FX shots.
- Help to develop and support tools and technology needed to arrive at the desired visual style of the project – provides time saving strategies and techniques.
- Troubleshoot technical issues as they arise.
- Work with Pipeline to develop tools.
- Communicate all technical and aesthetic aspects of the sequence to the Production Manager
- The Character FX Lead is expected to participate in the planning/breakdown sequences relating to Character FX tasks.
- Work closely with Production Management to organise reviews and alert Production Manager of any problems that could affect the schedule.
- Minimum of 4 years Character FX experience working within a CG Animation Feature production pipeline.
- Previous experience as a senior or lead artist.
- Strong knowledge creating CG Character FX in Maya.
- Experience with a modern raytracing render engine.
- Solid knowledge cloth simulations, Shave/Haircut, Maya Fur and Yeti.
- Knowledge of skinning and muscle/mass simulation solutions.
- Proficiency in Python, MEL and C/C++ programming experience a plus.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong problem solving abilities necessary.
The ideal candidate will be/have
- A strong leader
- A team player
- Technically skilled
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Open to direction
To Apply: If you think you fit the description above please forward your CV, cover letter and links to your demo reel/portfolio/website to email@example.com remembering to put “Character FX Lead 3D Feature” in the subject line.
This role is only open to applicants willing to relocate to Ireland if required and all applicants must be eligible to work within EEA.
This company is an equal opportunities employer.