Website Boulder Media
For the last sixteen years Boulder Media has been producing award winning shows. It currently employs over 150 people making Boulder one of Ireland’s largest animation studios.
ROLE: CHARACTER DESIGNER – 3D FEATURE
REPORTING TO: ART DIRECTOR/ DIRECTOR
Summary of Role
We are recruiting for the role of Character Designer for our upcoming 3D feature production.
- Complete all rough, revised and final designs necessary within assigned deadlines.
- Model packs will include turnaround model sheets, action and acting pose sheets, expression model sheets, hand charts, mouth and eye charts.
- Clean up, colour models, special shadow and texture indications.
- Design incidental characters.
- Follow direction and address notes provided by the Art Director.
- Meet all deadlines as determined by the Art director or Director.
- 3-4 years’ character design experience and/or training on a similar show; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn applicable design software and hardware.
- An excellent understanding of whole animation production process.
- Extensive knowledge of PHOTOSHOP.
- Strong knowledge of colour, lighting and construction/mechanical skills.
- Knowledge of 3D modelling is a PLUS.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in style of show.
- Exceptional drawing skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Task driven, self-motivated, and proactive.
- Must be open to direction.
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple tasks in a fast-paced production.
Please note that this role is envisaged to last no longer than 6 months.
To Apply: If you think you fit the description above please forward your CV, cover letter and links to your demo reel/portfolio/website to firstname.lastname@example.org remembering to put “Character Designer 3D Feature” in the subject line.
This role is only open to applicants willing to relocate to Ireland if required and all applicants must be eligible to work within EEA.
This company is an equal opportunities employer.