Website Brown Bag Films
Brown Bag Films are looking for new talent! We are currently recruiting animation and production professionals to work on our slate of hit TV series.
JOB TITLE: Lead Rigger
REPORTING TO: Production Manager
SUPERVISED BY: Rigging Supervisor, 3D Supervisor
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE:
The position of Lead Rigger requires someone with a good general knowledge of Maya and excellent specific knowledge of its constraint, deformer and dynamics systems, and also be proficient with python and maya tool development. He/she should have several years’ experience rigging in a broadcast / film production environment. Successful applicants will be open to direction, have good communication skills, leadership skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work collaboratively with multiple tasks in a fast paced production. A Lead Rigger will work closely with the Rigging Supervisor to ensure working practices are in line with department standards, and also contribute to the ongoing development of tools and practices.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop show specific custom rigs
- Maintain show specific code and tools
- Schedule and delegate work
- Liaise with Rigging Supervisor regarding project details
- Provide regular progress updates to production manager and Rigging supervisor on any technical bottlenecks concerning the rigging schedule.
- Design, create, test and maintain character set ups.
- Provide technical feedback to modelling dept.
- Collaborate with animators to design motion controls.
- Create secondary dynamics systems.
- Work with production management to prioritize tasks
- Troubleshooting problems with animated rig
- Communicate with the overseas studio
- QC the external asset assignments and ensure the outsource partner has clear direction from a rigging perspective.
- Should have at least 3 years’ experience working as a Rigger in either broadcast or feature film work.
- Must have an excellent working knowledge of rigging Maya.
- Task Driven, self-motivated, and proactive
- Must be open to direction
- Must demonstrate attention to detail in finishing of assets.
- Must have good leadership skills
- Must be a good communicator and be fluent in English
- Knowledge of Python is a must.
- Proficiency in developing tools for Maya a big plus.
- Experience with shotgun (or asset tracking systems) is considered a big plus.
- Experience with GIT is considered a big plus.
- Experience with developing PyQt/PySide tools considered a big plus.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.brownbagfilms.com/jobs →