Website Brown Bag Films
Brown Bag Films are hiring a Character Modelling Team Lead!
Department: Production/CG/Post production
Office Location: Dublin
Type of Position: Full-time Contract
The position of Modeling Department Lead requires someone with a strong artistic eye and thorough knowledge of Sculpting and 3D software and its application for creation of character designs and production models. This profile will also serve as mentor for all modelers within the Character Department. Successful applicants will have excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work collaboratively with multiple tasks in a fast paced production. Expected to contribute to the Brown Bags Character Asset Workflow and Technical Pipeline.
- Work with the character modeling team to create stylized digital maquettes in Z-brush in collaboration with the art director, which include appeal and are consistent with the style of the project.
- Retopologise characters that adhere to the pipeline and meet animation and rigging requirements.
- Complete character model tasks, including variants, facial blendshapes and Body Correctives.
- Creates Asset Launch notes via Shotgun.
- Delivers a weekly quota of assigned tasks as set by Production Management
- Provides regular progress updates to Production Manager and CG Supervisor on any technical/workflow bottlenecks within that project’s character asset schedule.
- Supervises the quality control (both technically and visually) of the external asset assignments and ensure the outsource partner has clear direction.
- Provides management, leadership and support for the in-house and external character modeling teams, both creatively and technically, to facilitate the completion of modeling assignments on schedule
Department Team management responsibilities
- Act as line Manager for team of 4 to 8 team members. Responsibilities include:
team member performance issues related to workflow and pipeline
- Weekly one to one’s with DRs
- Mentor and train other Character Modeling Leads how to properly setup and organize Modeling tasks for their shows
- Collaborate closely with the Head of Character Assets and Pipeline Dept to help evolve the character modeling workflow and technical pipeline, including documentation
- Help to improve efficiency, which includes assisting the art department in correctly launching character assets
- Help reinforce that all technical guidelines and rules are followed correctly
- Provide leadership and support for the Lead Character Modelers, both creatively and technically, and ensure they partner effectively with Production Management and they deliver their goals
- Key Requirements Must have at least 4 years’ experience working as a Modeling Lead (or similar position) in either broadcast or feature film work
- Clear communication and follow through on tasks
- Must have an excellent working knowledge of Maya and ZBrush
- Must possess thorough understanding of shape, form, appeal in relation to creating stylized, digital characters.
- Must understand the requirements of the whole character pipeline, including the performance of the final character in animation.
- Task Driven, self-motivated, and proactive
- Experience in look dev, fur and cloth a plus.
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple tasks in a fast paced production
To apply visit: https://brownbagfilms-hr.secure.force.com/recruit/fRecruit__ApplyJob?vacancyNo=VN132
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://brownbagfilms-hr.secure.force.com/recruit/fRecruit__ApplyJob?vacancyNo=VN132 →